This post may contain paid links.Find more information in my post.
I like to follow and respect the cycles – from seasonal transitions to sunrises and sunsets. Every month, sometimes twice a month, we celebrateNew moon. It's time to begin.I hope these new moon rituals for lunar newbies and experts help you find ways to take advantage of this monthly reboot.
I also wrote about itRituals of the Full Moon, which you can use at the other end of this lunar cycle.
A new moon occurs when the moon is between the Earth and the sun and the side of the moon that faces us does not receive direct sunlight; it is lit only by faint sunlight reflected from Earth.
What does the new moon mean spiritually or energetically?
The new moon is a time to set intentions, while the full moon is a time to reap the rewards.
The new moon may not always be visible to the naked eye, but it still radiates enough energy to mesmerize people. For many, this promising opportunity means a new beginning in setting new goals for themselves.
The power behind this powerful moon phase is known to have such a powerful effect on relationships and attitudes that people gather to start new moon rituals to stay focused.
While we're not sure these astrological practices will radically change the course of your life, we encourage beginners to at least try these steps to create rituals for self-care and elimination of negative thoughts.
Note: I know these are not pictures of a new moon, but a crescent moon, but there is a lot to see with a real new moon.
When is the next new moon?
All times are according to mountain time (-5)
- 27 July at 06.32
- 18. august, 20:41
- 17. september kl. 05.00
- 16 november, 13:31
- 14. december kl. 9.17
- 12 January at 10 p.m
- February 11, 12:06 p.m
- 13 March at 03:21
- 11 april, 22:31
- May 11, at
- June 10 at 04.53
- 9 July at 19:16
Parts of the New Moon Ritual
Explore the new moon
For starters, it's important to know what astrological sign the new moon is in. Each month, the moon goes from invisible, full, and then invisible again in 28 days. Such phases provide different energy levels that last several days, before and after the event for a period of three days. With each new moon, you say goodbye to the last phase and welcome another with renewed energy.
You can find out what sign the moon is in at any time, including your birth, using onemoon sign calculator.
The place of the new moon ritual
Finding the right spiritual place is really based on your intuition and where you are both physically and spiritually. Try to create a space where there are no distractions and where you are completely relaxed. Allow decorations such as incense and fairy lights, over time only if you are sufficiently inspired and not in a hurry.
I like to celebrate the new moon outside during the new moon. If this is not possible or desirable, try to find a place near a window where the new moon can shine, however weakly.
Don't let the perfect location stop you, anywhere you can have some privacy for yourself or your group is fine.
Collect your moon tribe
Sometimes I like to celebrate the cycles of the moon alone, sometimes I like to invite friends. Inviting a few friends to celebrate can deepen the ritual and add support.
There is an added bonus of accountability if you share your intentions and check in with each other.
Set New Moon Intentions
Try to limit the number of intentions to only those that you can realistically achieve, instead of setting impossible goals with big numbers that you cannot even dream of achieving.
As your confidence muscle grows and you practice new moon rituals month after month, you can dream bigger and set bolder intentions.
It may be a good idea to set intentions for:
- New Moon Ritual for Manifestation
- New Moon Ritual for cleaning / cleansing
- New Moon Rituals for Healing
- New Moon Rituals for Love
- New Moon Rituals for Money
The possibilities for new moon rituals are endless.
Make a list of New Moon intentions
The best way to express your New Moon intentions is through handwriting, especially during the New Moon when something authentic needs to be captured.
Recording is crucial, so don't skip this step.
Keep a pen and journal handy to write down your intentions as they arise. This also allows you to look back at the ones you've done before.
A regular notebook will work fine, but if you want something more tailored for lunar ceremonies, I like these guided journals:
Monthly magazine- uses the movement of the moon to connect readers with nature and to reflect on dreams, goals, relationships and more. Filled with easy, informative astrological explanations and helpful guidance for managing your thinking based on the cycle of the moon, this journal invites readers to create change, set intentions, and manifest more in life. Also available onAmazon.
Lists of the month– Structured according to the changes of the moon, this guided journal invites weekly reflection over a year and a half on writing instructions and suggestions with references to astrology, architecture and art. The perfect gift for yourself or a friend, this beautifully designed journal helps expand all aspects of your creative, personal and emotional self. Also available onAmazon.
Other ideas for a new moon ritual
These rituals are performed during certain phases of the new moon to use its power to achieve certain personal goals. It can be about everything from romance to job opportunities and health.
Keep a talisman with you until the next new moon cycle as a reminder of your good mood. It can be any object such as a doll, ring, crystal or pendant.
Based on your desire, you can try these new moon rituals:
New Moon Ritual for Vacancies
- Turn on a green light
- On a piece of paper, make a detailed list of the type of job you are looking for. If you don't know what the specific job is, write down the qualities you're looking for, such as "being your own boss," "high creativity," or "interesting and cooperative coworkers."
- Insert the sheet into the green envelope with the candle and place the envelope and candle where they are always visible, for example on a moon altar (more on moon altars below). Or put it in one of theseNecklaces with intentionalways be nearby.
- Alpunamonth, light the candle and burn the envelope and its contents. You can manifest your dream job by focusing your intentions on the two strongest days of the lunar calendar.
New Moon Rituals for Relationships
- Light three red lights
- Sow some seeds in a small pot filled with soil and drop a piece of rose quartz into the soil.
- On one page, write a detailed list of the things you are looking for in your romance. On
conversely, make a list of the qualities you look for in a partner.
- Seal the paper in a red envelope.
- Place the red envelope under your pillow or on the moon until your plant gets big enough
plant outside or as a houseplant. (Or put it in one of theseNecklaces with intentionalways be close.)
- Every time you pass a plant or check an envelope under your pillow, think about it
the blossoming of your new relationship.
- Burn the envelope and bury the ashes when you replant or transplant your plant.
Bath ritual at new moon
- Prepare your new moon bath with four white candles, symbolizing the four corners of the compass.
- Write four intentions for the month and put them all under the candle.
- I really enjoy using itMoon tea for the bathroomfor my new moon bath ritual. You can also add white sage leaves and Himalayan sea salt to your bath. (You can have ithe Amazon)
- Drop into the bath and relax as long as you like.
- Think about your intentions and visualize them coming into being.
Essential oils for the new moon
Whether you add essential oils to your bath (skin safe of course!) or diffuse them in itnon-plastic essential oil diffuser, certain aromas are ideal to use during the new moon.
- Lavender— help to express wishes and intentions
- sage— find clarity, expand your vision and think big
- Patchouli- to connect with the higher self and aid in manifestation
- Citroen- too intense focus in creative time
Make a new moon change
Another fun and meaningful thing I like to do at a New Moon ceremony is to make an altar. You can do this as part of a party or on your own.
- Find a spot near a window or outside. (I choose a place that will be bathed in moonlight on a full moon, as this altar meets all my moon change needs).
- Add items such as pictures of loved ones, precious objects, crystals, or anything else you consider sacred or special.
- Anything that reminds you of the moon or that you find beautiful belongs on the altar.
- White and green candles add a nice touch. Use candles from your business intentions or new moon baths.
- I also place the intention envelopes on the altar before burning.
I'd love to hear what other ideas you have for celebrating the new moon.
TheForestWellness.comis a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to enable websites to earn fees by advertising and linking toamazon. med,amazon.co.uk,amazon.ca. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of its companyAmazon.nl, Inc. or its subsidiaries.
- Think about what you want to bring into your life.
- Create an affirmation.
- Write in your journal.
- Plant seeds—literally.
- Pull an oracle card.
- Create a vision board.
- Get a tarot card reading.
- Reach out to people who can assist you.
What you will need for your new moon ritual: Smudge stick – sage, palo santo, incense or maybe burning some essential oils (Frankincense is a powerful oil for meditation)How do you use new moon energy? ›
- Affirm, and script. The first step for a growth mindset is to edit how you talk to yourself consciously. ...
- Colour some mandalas. Meditation is only sometimes about chanting or closing your eyes. ...
- Put your thoughts to paper. ...
- Centre your mind with scents. ...
- Move your body.
Charging Crystals Under A New Moon
You can charge any crystal under the full moon, but some people prefer to work with crystals that are associated with the new moon, such as black moonstone, black tourmaline, or labradorite.
Basically, it's distilled water charged under the new and full moon, believed to absorb lunar energy to help us tap into our subconscious feelings and emotions. It also helps to heal and revive aspects of our spiritual body.What time should you make a wish on a New Moon? ›
make your wishes AFTER the exact time of the New Moon when the energy has changed from the balsamic energy of completion to the new energy of beginnings. most potent time to make your wishes is up to 8 hours AFTER the time of the New Moon but they can be made up to 48 hours later.What are some examples of intentions? ›
Some examples of intentions include: "Today, I will be present." "Today, I will eat healthy things." "Today, I will be patient." "Today, I will make conscious choices." "It's important that the intention be phrased as a positive 'I will' rather than a negative 'I won't,'" she explains.How do I set new intentions? ›
- Take time to reflect and write. ...
- Create physical space for clarity and peace. ...
- Start with the why. ...
- Make it feel doable. ...
- Make it clear, memorable, and repeatable. ...
- Ask a trusted person to be an intention buddy. ...
- Give yourself an intention ritual.
Since it's a new moon and we're focused on new beginnings, you'll want to skip your usual scented candles and stick with either a white candle for new beginnings, or a pink candle for self-love. Lighting a candle on the darkest night of the month signals our intention and desire to bring more light into our lives.What incense is best for new moon? ›
- Musk Seed.
In ancient times, it is said that people would offer sacrifices to the sun in spring and provide sacrifices to the moon in autumn. The autumn sacrifice is to worship the goddess of the moon with moon cakes, watermelon, apples, and other seasonal sacrifices.What energy is the new moon? ›
A new lunar phase begins with the appearance of a new moon. The energy most associated with this phase is that of starting fresh. If you performed the full moon ceremony, your heart chakra is aligned and open for a new beginning. From a spiritual standpoint, the new moon is the perfect time to start a new project.What does new moon energy feel like? ›
New moon effects- what it means for you
This low-light phase can manifest as low energy for us. We may feel tired, introspective, and ready to indulge in some much-needed introvert time.
The symbol for New Moon in modern calendars is a filled, black circle.Can you charge water with new moon? ›
“Usually people charge their water under a full moon or new moon or another significant lunar event, but you can make moon water at any time of the month,” explains crystal therapist and spiritual wellness coach Emma Halley.How do you make moon water? ›
Making Moon Water
Using a clean glass jar, fill with distilled or spring water. Set outside under a full moon. Feel free to write down an intention for the coming moon cycle and place it under your jar. Let the moon charge your water overnight!
Since it is believed both moon and water have calming and soothing properties; and form an elemental balance, they can help in overcoming hormonal imbalance. Other than that, moon water can help in revitalizing and cleansing your energy.What should I put in my moon water? ›
Infuse it with herbs, crystals, or flowers. If you have specific energy you want to bring to the water, using certain herbs or crystals may help increase these energies. For example, adding lavender—either in herb or oil form—may boost feelings of calm and relaxation.How do you connect with the moon? ›
- Use the Moon as a Reminder to Set Intentions. ...
- Create a Ritual Connected to the Moon. ...
- Connect with Nature. ...
- Honor Women. ...
- Practice Daily Charting.
This ritual is simple, easy and most of all effective. On the day of a New Moon schedule 30-45 minutes to devote to this practice. I prefer to do my moon rituals at night to fully capture the moons energy. If the weather is nice, it's preferable to be outside.
It's lucky to move into a new house during the new Moon; prosperity will increase as the Moon waxes. It is lucky to see the first sliver of a new Moon “clear of the brush,” or unencumbered by foliage.What time of day is best to make a wish? ›
You can start making wishes at any time of the day, but when you make a wish at 11:11 it's even more powerful. Anytime you happen to see this time on the clock, close your eyes and make a big wish.What are the four 4 kinds of intentions? ›
Introduction. There are four types of intent that underlie all communication: affirming, controlling, defending, and withdrawing.What are the three common intentions? ›
Three types of criminal intent exist: (1) general intent, which is presumed from the act of commission (such as speeding); (2) specific intent, which requires preplanning and presdisposition (such as burglary); and (3) constructive intent, the unintentional results of an act (such as a pedestrian death resulting from ...How do you set a powerful intention? ›
- Identify The Goal Or Desire. ...
- Get Clear On Who You Have To Be To Achieve Your Goal. ...
- Compile Actionable Steps. ...
- Shift Any Adverse Thinking Or Beliefs. ...
- Reinforce Intentions Regularly. ...
- Submit To Your Faith In The Intention.
To set daily intentions, I write the following in my planner: Today, I intend to [fill in the blank]. All you have to do is take a minute to think about what you want for the day. Think about what you want to get out of it.What do you plant on a new moon? ›
The New Moon
It pulls water in the soil up toward the surface and encourages seeds to swell, roots to extend, and leaves to grow. The New Moon is by far the best opportunity for planting any kind of plant or crop that grows above ground, including lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, and cabbage.
Lavender, chamomile, bergamot, sandalwood, and jasmine oil are just a few scents that have been linked to priming our bodies for sleep. Choosing a natural candle with these notes can put you in the mood for sleep, relaxation, or elicit happy feelings.Which candle is best for manifesting? ›
Pick a Color. Little says that some people will argue that certain candle colors work best for certain needs. “Brown is great for grounding, green is great for manifesting money, and red is great for passion,” she lists. “But you can use any color as long as the intention is there.”What to do on a new full moon? ›
- Clean your Physical Space. Cleaning your physical space helps to clear out any negative energy, making room for what you are asking to come in. ...
- Give Thanks. ...
- Eat A Healthy, Natural Meal. ...
- Tie Up Loose Ends. ...
- Dance It Out. ...
- Take A Moonlight Walk. ...
- Take A Bath (Or Shower) ...
- Write A Letter And Burn It.
From a spiritual standpoint, the new moon is the perfect time to start a new project. Your energy from the last lunar cycle has been cleansed, giving you a spiritually clean slate.Can you make moon water on a new moon? ›
“Usually people charge their water under a full moon or new moon or another significant lunar event, but you can make moon water at any time of the month,” explains crystal therapist and spiritual wellness coach Emma Halley.What are moon rituals? ›
What Are Moon Rituals? Moon rituals are an ancient practice that is still done today. They originated in places like Egypt and Babylonia in cultures that worshipped the moon. Today, moon rituals create a sacred space for you to focus inward, set intentions, spread love, and feel empowered.